Lets beat these winter blues, spring is right around the corner! Starting April 1st, our office is moving to 721 East Lancaster Avenue at the Impala Building in Downingtown. To celebrate this new change and recharge our health and fitness goals, I challenge everyone to the 30 DAY CHALLENGE! Starting April 1st I challenge you and your families to only eat nutrient filled foods such as:
- Whole grains-only foods with 3 grams of fiber or more per serving and whole grains as the first ingredient.
- Fruits-including unsweetened dried fruit, canned fruit in its own juice and fresh fruit (NOT JUICE)
- Low fat dairy or high calcium and vitamin D foods such as low fat cheese sticks, almond milk, yogurt, etc.
- Lean proteins such as fish, beans and tofu (try Gimme Lean Tofu Sausage.....guarantee you won't notice the difference!)
- Healthy fats such as flax seed, nut butters, vegetable oils, and nuts.
If you can avoid foods that do not fit in these groups (such as candy, doughnuts, cookies, cakes, soda, alcohol, soft pretzels, fried foods, etc) you are well on your way to reaching your health goals! Research has been pointing to avoiding foods high in fat, salt and sugar may curb your cravings. Its worth a try to see if it curbs you cravings right? Let's get ready for SUMMER!
I wish you lots of luck and health as you do the 30 DAY CHALLENGE!
The Dieting Dietitian