Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Disaster

Well summer is almost over (sniff, sniff) and it has been difficult trying to eat healthy. My summer has been filled with board walk food (fudge!), BBQs (and beer), and hot days leaving me not wanting to exercise. However, I am proud to say I have maintained my weight during the summer! It's not all good news, I haven't kept up with my exercise plan as I have liked (maybe I was an over achiever) and wasn't happy with my "beach body" as a result. The hot days really knocked me off the plan, but once you fall off, you jump back on. Fall is right around the corner and so are hectic schedules...before you know it is holiday time. Let's get it right this time and keep eating healthy. Move more, eat less! If I do find a BBQ in the meantime, I will nosh on the grilled veggies and delicious watermelon! Here's a great summer BBQ recipe (1 1/2 cup 45 calories).
Serves 4

2 sliced green zucchini
1 purple eggplant sliced
1 sliced yellow squash
1 small package of button mushrooms
1 sweet onion sliced
1 red pepper sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced

Add veggies and 2 tablespoons of olive pepper, dash of kosher salt, dash of ground pepper, grill 2 minutes a side in a basket....enjoy!

It's okay if you didn't meet your weight goals this time, tomorrow is a new start!

Cheers,

The Dietiting Dietitian

No comments: