Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Goodbye Thanksgiving Hello Extra Pounds

Deep breath. Step on the scale. Really? This must be wrong. Repeat. Yup..looks like it's the same weight. I really gained 6 pounds since last week! I think this is some sort of record for me. I was doing so well...working the treadmill giving myself an extra 15 minutes each day so I can allow myself extra calories for the big day of binge eating. Then the family came to town, along with it eating out and little time for my routine workout. Well I guess when I fall of the wagon I really fall off! If I gained 6 pounds that means I ate 21,000 extra calories. Was it worth it..nope (well the awesome date with my husband was worth it and the fabulous HEALTHY food at Amani's too)! I will remember this horrible feeling next time I do not stick to my routine 30 minute walk and I want to eat 3 pieces of chocolate cake! NOT WORTH IT!!!! Back to the drawing board. Tomorrow I see healthy eating in my future....scrambled eggs and spinach with assorted berries for breakfast.

Just another thought of my big fall from grace, emotional eating. The holidays are hard, especially when you lost a loved one. My husband said I was a big mean this weekend. I attribute the mood to missing my dad. Sometimes we do not even realize we are feeling blue and eat to self-medicate. In my case, it was a super fabulous Godiva chocolate cake I made for the holidays. Should of left it at the relatives house--maybe it would of saved me a few pounds:) I will continue to reflect and smile at old memories but will move forward to make new great memories. Life is such an adventure and everyday truly is a gift. Continue to eat healthy and stay active everyday and you will get to enjoy that gift longer!

Cheers,

The Dieting Dietitian

No comments: