Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Friday, April 15, 2011

Summer is around the corner

Yesterday was a beautiful day! Although it was a fun way to play outside and get some exercise, it reminded me bathing suit season is quickly approaching. I've been working hard exercising and eating balanced, but obviously I haven't been perfect (especially since I just discovered chocolate pretzel M&M's). Lately, I feel like all the moving and healthy eating I'm doing is just making up for my sweet tooth! I work hard to create the calorie deficit, but I'm using it for evil. Yesterday I made "healthy" brownies with my girls, pureed prunes was swapped for the oil, Truvia for the sugar, flax seed and water for the eggs, whole grain flour for the white flour and ovaltine for the chocolate. It actually isn't bad and tastes okay. Luckily, it's a treat for the girls they can shape like Easter eggs and I'm not going to drool over it all week. In the meantime, I have to avoid the candy check out and just keep it out of my house. I did have a small gain of victory last night. I was faced with homemade coconut and butter creme eggs in pastel foils, but I said no, but almost said yes. Easter is hard, all those peanut butter smidgens, malted eggs, Cadbury eggs, Peeps, and coconut chocolate. It's like heaven for chocolate lovers. But my desire to feel good and look good are more important than a few sweets in my mouth. YOU CAN DO IT TOO. Enlist a friend, neighbor, co-worker, partner, or family member. Get a walking/workout buddy. Misery loves company. Just kidding but it does make you go everyday if you know someone is doing it with you. Then that can be your go out buddy and you can make good choices together. If you are going out, check out the new apps for your phone. Look at the calories at the menu and make a decision BEFORE you go. Opt for 400 calorie meals or less. YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments: