Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I ate 3 McDonald's hamburgers and a large milkshake!

Always remember my "Walmart Story" and the day I got a Christmas tree. What led me to eating the hamburgers and milkshake that day? Not eating breakfast, letting emotions dictate what I eat, using food to satisfy negative emotions, and improper triggers. What could I have done to break my behavior chain?

1. ALWAYS EAT BREAKFAST
2. Take a walk, if you are feeling stressed, vs eating
3. Carrying a healthy snack, such as whole grain crackers or an apple with me
4. Fill out my beahavior chain if I "fall of the wagon"

Need a behavior chain sample? Check out the one at the Brigham and Women's Hospital http://www.brighamandwomens.org/healtheweightforwomen/success/behavior_chain.aspx?subID=submenu9

2 comments:

Brian said...

Don't forget the impulse triggers that McDonalds, and many other food producers, have strategically created to get you to submit to your "foodie" emotions.
They pay food scientists, psychologists, and neuro-biologists to study and finely tune the sensory cues within their restaurants, advertising, and within their actual food products to make you give into your temptations.
So, what's already an uphill battle is even a tougher journey...but the rewards of your success are great.

Tanya M said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I appreciated your honesty. It reminds me that this happens to everyone...and at it has helped me to be more mindful of how I feel when I am eating something.

Thanks for the inspiration:)