Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bump in the road

Unbelievable! I've managed to be the same weight at my weekly weigh in as the week before! It's so frustrating especially since I know I'm doing everything correctly. I just have to remind myself that plateauing in weight loss is common and my next weigh in will be better. Until then I'll keep on moving and eating balanced.

This past weekend we celebrated a little one's birthday and yes it was filled with cake, soda, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, meatball sandwiches and chips. I struggle with not offering any "junk" foods, but know its a party and I have to give in a little. My compromise? Offering diet sodas, bottled waters, a fantastic salad that was a meal in itself and a veggie and fruit tray. I loaded up on the veggies and fruits and had 1/2 a BBQ pork sandwich. Interesting I noticed many other attendees going for the healthy items, (people who don't normally go for those things), and there were no left overs of the veggies and fruit! So when the healthy food is made available people will eat it. The same is true for the unhealthy food, if it's out, you will eat it! It is possible to have a festive event and eat healthy, even if it means you have to bring your own dish. Another successful week for me even if I didn't lose any weight...because I didn't gain any weight either!

Cheers,

The Dietitian Dietitian

P.S. Thank goodness all this snow is melting and our routines are back!

No comments: