Schedule Today!

https://my.setmore.com/bookingpage/123f7b91-9061-4614-b250-f31212a06b11

Search This Blog

Downingtown Nutrition & Weight Management Center

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

46 Pounds Lost

I'm so close to my goal weight, that I'm actually thinking of going clothes shopping! Setting realistic weight, food and exercise goals really works and keeps you on target. The journey to weight loss has been long, but I know losing 1-2 pounds per week, (at least most weeks), is the ONLY way to keep the weight off for the rest of my life. Yes there are fad diets, the vinegar diet, Atkins, South Beach..... but following a balanced REAL diet you and your family can live with (and afford) is the best solution. I know I'm eating healthy foods (and having treats in moderation) and winning the battle of the bulge.

I saw an ad in the paper for a free exercise trainer in our area. It did advertise nutrition counseling, which scares me. Many "nutritionists" are not educated in medical nutrition therapy as registered dietitians are, but I will go and see what it's like (the exercise training part only)! Maybe I will learn a new way to work out to burn more calories in my exercise time and teach them a few things about nutrition too!

Until then, keep moving and eating balanced!

Cheers!

The Dieting Dietitian

No comments: